Our goal here at JumpstartMyPC.com is to help PC users get the most out of their computer. We’ve mentioned this in many of our articles, but I often look back on this mission statement to make sure that we are providing you, the readers, with valuable, useful information. I also make sure that the products, gadgets, software and sites we recommend are something that I would or have used myself for some time. Today I bring you a site that I have been watching for some time. Groupon.com
Groupon.com is a “daily-deal” type site, but with a twist. The deal is a coupon for a local business that is only valid when there is enough interest from the group (thus the name Groupon). Luckily, for the majority of our readers, Houston is one of the cities featured on the site. Here is how it works. A new “item” is posted each day and site visitors can decide whether they want the deal or not. When enough people commit to a purchase of the item, “the deal is on!” The time counts down (since the deal is only good for one day) and anyone else can jump in before it expires. The idea is fabulous, but the execution is even better. Here are some of the top reasons that Groupon.com is a must-add for your favorites:
- The site is very clean, organized and easy to follow. Check out this screen shot of today’s deal (below)
- Sharing is easy. Use Facebook, Twitter or email to share the site/deal with friends and family in seconds.
- The deals are good, local and varied. Don’t see something you like today, check back the next day. See some of the recent deals here.
- Keeping up with the deals is easy. Simply sign up to receive them by email, or follow Groupon on Facebook or Twitter.
- Logging in is easy. If you are already a Facebook user, you can use Facebook Connect to login right there on the Groupon page.
- This is not some fly-by-night site. They have already sold 1,144,423 coupons, and counting.
Notice the deal for today. $30 for a “One Month Fitness Package” at Body3 Fitness Center. The discount is huge (85% off their normal price) and timely. I am sure that more than one of our readers is already contemplating that New Year’s resolution to head back to the gym. What better way than Boot Camp? I can attest that these boot camps often run close to $200 a month (without a gym membership), so you better grab this deal while you can.
BONUS: Also, as part of their “Resolution Motivation” week, Groupon.com is offering $10 in Groupon Bucks to anyone who makes 2 separate purchases before midnight on January 3rd (this Sunday).
Disclaimer: I am not paid by Groupon.com nor was I compensated in any way prior to writing this article. I did however, selfishly include links to the Groupon.com site that would yield my a $10 bonus, as part of their “refer a friend” program. You can do the same if you want to share the site with others. Just look up at the top for the “Refer Friends” link.