Saving money by shopping online has been a passion of mine for at least 10 years and I have tried (repeatedly) to share my shopping tips and tricks with anyone who would listen. While I have convinced a few of you to use coupon codes, comparison shoppers and auction sites to save big money, there are still many of you who think online shopping is just…. silly. I am not sure why so many people think shopping should be confined to the walls of a big-box retail store, but I have heard a few arguments that I think carry at least a little weight.
- I like to see an item in person before purchasing
- I want to be able to return the item easily, in case it’s not what the site showed/described
- I need it now and can’t afford to wait a week
- I would only save a few dollars by buying online – it’s not worth the hassle
- I don’t have the time to sit at the computer and comparison shop
While there are times when you absolutely must have an item in hand immediately, I think most purchases are a little rushed and impulsive. Time is an important factor in shopping, but it doesn’t have to be a barrier. Thanks to the makers of some very smart applications for smart-phones, online shopping doesn’t have to be scary, time-consuming or unrewarding.